Below is a mathematicalLEE compiled list of the best albums (and other things) from folks with said ears. Whether they were born or grew up or worked or were locked up somewhere in that more Eastern than Mid or West area of the U. S. of A. - they have opinions. And ears. They might not all be in the Midwest now, but in order to tie something together here, that's what we're running with.
A few notes about the list. It was compiled by giving each release a numerical value and those values were added and sorted accordingLEE. However, a slight change was implemented this time (because it's my list). Preference was given to titles that appeared on more than one list. So, while a record like My Morning Jacket's Evil Urges only had a numerical value of 4, it's appearance on two lists ranks it higher than say, a record at #8 on only one person's list. Ya dig?
So, without further adieu - the Best of 2008.
- Bob Dylan - Tell Tale Signs [Columbia]
- Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend [XL]
- David Byrne & Brian Eno - Everything That Happens Will Happen Today [Todomundo/Opal]
- (tie) ProCon - Kingmaker [Ginchopolis] / Alejandro Escovedo - Real Animal [Back Porch]
- MGMT - Oracular Spectacular [Sony]
- The Fireman - Electric Arguments [ATO]
- Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid [Geffen]
- My Morning Jacket - Evil Urges [ATO]
- (tie) Glen Campbell - Meet Glen Campbell [Capitol] / Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Dig!!! Lazarus Dig!!! [Anti-] / The Felice Brothers / The Felice Brothers [Team Love] / Daniel Lanois - Here Is What Is [Red Floor] / Patti Smith & Kevin Shields - The Coral Sea [Pask]
Who are the players? Who has these "ears"? What else did they like?
Find out below...